Here’s my version of Pecan Pie. I’ve switched out a few ingredients for a less sugary, organic and more natural version of the classic Pecan Pie.
I hope all enjoys the video. Directions and ingredients are listed below.
1) Reduced sugar graham cracker pie shell
2) (3) Three large eggs
3) 3/4 stick smart balance butter
4) 1 1/4 cups organic brown sugar (or sugar in the raw)
5) 3/4 cup organic light corn syrup
6) 2 teaspoon of pure organic vanilla extract
7) 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
8) Approx. 2 cups of organic raw pecans
1) Set oven to bake @ 350 degrees.
2) Melt Smart balance butter over range and add in the organic brown sugar. Once smooth, cut heat from pan and add in the light corn syrup, then pure organic vanilla extract and Kosher salt.
3) In your mixing bowl, you will lightly whisk the 3 large eggs and then add the contents from your pan.
4) Add pecans to graham cracker pie shell and pure mixture over pecans.
5) Bake pie for 45 – 60 minutes; depending on your type of oven.
6) Remove from oven and let cool for at least an hour.
7) Once cool, divide the pieces and add whip cream, Cool Whip or Reddi-Wip to each piece.
8) Most importantly, enjoy your pie. :’)